In May 1945, Jumbo was delivered to a siding, built for the purpose by the Manhattan District, at Pope, New Mexico. There it was transferred to a specially built 64-wheel trailer for the overland trip to the test site. Jumbo was 25 feet long and 12 feet in diameter with 14 inch thick walls and weighed 214 tons.
Since it was deemed not necessary for the test, Jumbo was erected on a tower 800 feet from Ground Zero. It survived the explosion unscathed.